Hunger Free North Dakota Garden
One objective of the North Dakota Department of Agriculture’s local food initative is to address the hunger issue in our state. True to its commitment to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to the state’s food pantries, is encouraging gardeners to plant an extra plot this summer to donate to a food pantry in their community. Everyone in the state, as an individual or a community, is invited to become a Hunger Free North Dakota Gardener.
This project will accomplish the following goals:
- 1. To grow and distribute a minimum of 500,000 pounds of fresh food to North Dakota’s 244 food pantries.
- 2. To build a distributon system to contnue supplying food pantry clients with fresh and healthy produce.
- 3. To recognize the growers and quantites of fruits and vegetables grown in the state.
- 4. Improve diets through cooking, canning, and education.
- Hunger Free ND Garden Brochure
- Pledge Cards
- How to Start a Garden in 8 Easy Steps
- Hunger Free ND Poster
- Weigh in form
- Hunger Free North Dakota Garden Project Tips